Ok, friends, BACK-to-SCHOOL season has made it’s arrival & across the country we’re all scrambling to check off those infamous lists… Backpack – check; Binders, folders, pens, calculator – check; Vans, Converse, etc. – check; Distressed jeans (with holes) check 🙄
✅ 😅 Yay, praise the Lord in Heaven… it’s all purchased, packed and ready to go.
But WAIT . . . WHAT. ABOUT. BREAKFAST??
We all welcome extra ideas in this department, I think, SO I’m sharing one of my girls’ favorites here! These delicious burritos warm up super well AND they pack a good amount of protein to jump start their brains for the school day.
Make 2 dozen at a time & your future self will thank you!
Here’s all you need…
- 24 foil squares (about 1 foot square)
- 2 bags of flour tortillas (12 count each)
- 2 pounds of breakfast sausage
- shredded cheese (we like cheddar jack, but feel free to be creative!)
- 18 eggs soft scrambled
- 1 pound bag of frozen potatoes
- large foil pan or gallon zip bags for freezer storage
Directions: These are super simple!
- I take a few tortillas, wrap in a towel and warm in the microwave 20 seconds to begin. (This helps them be more flexible for rolling with everything inside.)
- Lay a warm tortilla on a square of foil and spoon in the ingredients. (If they crack or are a little stiff to roll, it’s ok! Just keep them together and wrap tightly in the foil.
- Layer all burritos in a foil pan, like you see in the video.
- Freeze & forget until you’re ready to grab & go in the morning!
TO WARM UP: They are easy to pull out one at a time! Remember to REMOVE FOIL, then wrap in a paper towel and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds to start. Some microwaves cook quicker than others. You will probably need 45 seconds to 1 min 30 seconds… start less and check before over cooking!
VARIATION: If you need to feed a crowd, you can also warm up the entire pan on a LOW setting in the oven for 40 minutes or so. It has worked for us at 250 degrees. Also a yummy idea for a Sunday morning – out the door for church – breakfast too! 😉👌🏽
In just a couple of minutes your kiddos, hubby, you… are all out the door with a DELICIOUS start to the day. Y’all enjoy! 😋💙